Wednesday 24 November 2010

Wold Culture Festival of Music and Dance



This was a project "Wold Culture Festival of Music and Dance" we had to once again choose a dance and produce an invitation design that could not use any form of technology to produce. I chose to continue on looking into Ballet.
One of the images show bits of my sketchbook. I think I enjoyed this project as it was a hands-on project where I could just experiment with material and make little things.
The other image shows the unopened envelope with the invitation still inside and another invitation card. We had to produce two of the design to show that it could be mass produced to be send out to a group of people.
Sticking to the theme I stuck to the basic colours, and used ribbon. I also used some material that reflected on the tutu's ballet's wear. I also used thick tracing paper and this soft textures paper to reflect of the type of gentle graceful dance. I then used Letraset, for the type. I also had the home stamping kit where I could build up words with individual letters...this took time but one done it was stamp, stamp, stamp! :D
I enjoyed making bows out of ribbon...I also like doing that on presents..can't wait till x-mas wrapping. :) But back to the point it took me awhile to figure out how to bind the envelope, for it to be sealed. The way it works is that when you "Pull to Open" the string unties itself (becoming a long piece of ribbon that is reusable) unbinding the opening. I think the best part is the opening, however once it's opened it takes time to weave the ribbon through again.

I would like to thank my mummy who helped me with figuring out a way to use the ribbon on the envelope. I mean I was harassing her all day when she only came to London to visit me and my sister's :) Mummy's are the best, and lets not forget about the dinner she makes every time she visits...I literally grab on to my belly after ^.^ no it's not a great sight :D

No comments: