Wednesday 24 November 2010

Domestic Pets?




This project was based on domestic pets, the requirements was to produce a poster for a campaign that reflected on the idea that 'fake' or robots- technology controlled animals are replacing real animals. My chosen domestic pet was a goldfish, as you you can see. I made my robot with this technique of folding paper into triagles and building it up to a shape.
I also used this technique to make a swan I put this on my other blog: http://playdohharea.blogspot.com/2010/11/matalic-swan.html
Anyway, first created a pattern based on two colours that are typical goldfish type, a goldish yellow and orange. I chose a wave pattern ( well it didn't really matter as it wasn't seen much) to represent the scales being in layers and the way light reflects on surface of the goldfish. The technique of the layering triangles also reflect of the scales and shape.

The next step was making the 'robot' it took soo much time to make it, I literally made the triangle pieces whilst watching T.V and on the tube when I was going to and from Uni...so I would say took me a day and a half considering I sit in front of the T.V a lot and a single journey take about 45-60 minutes.

The final few steps after making it was to photograph it, Photoshop it. And finally put it in a campaign poster context.
What do you think? I'm not so sure on type. I've never been so good at picking type. I need someone to help me :D

No comments: