Wednesday 1 December 2010

Wallpaper Design for Workshop





I loveeeed this project, it was fun, even though I got to admit I had a bit of a down fall towards the end. But I loved it, I enjoyed designing it, even though it was taken from a design that I did previously for no reason. I also enjoyed screen printing them too, I used, black, cream, violet/plum and silver. I tested it on different types of paper and textures...I loved the silver prints the most.
The first image is of the design drawn in Ai using the pen (anchor) tool. Then duplicated around the page to create a flow of pattern for a tile design of the wallpaper.
The second and third images are of the design converted on to a black background with the design in soft grey. This was just testing different outcomes and playing with ideas. Parts of the design was then selected and was changed in to a different colour.
The fourth image is a photograph of the screen printed wallpaper design in different colours and paper. ( I know its not an amazing photograph but you can see one is printed on purple mirror card :D so pretty.

I also did a lot of mock prints on newsprint, I used them as wrapping paper :D I guess you can use wallpaper as wrapping paper...right?? Well I think so. I wouldn't mind especially if it was textured :D

No comments: